38 Hour Teen Driving Course - $375
Driver Education for Students 14 years (& 9 months) through 17 years old
Before you attend the first day of Driver’s Education class, a Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) must be obtained from the Office of Motor Vehicles. To obtain a Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP), take the items listed below to the Office of Motor Vehicles. , a Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) must be obtained from the Office of Motor Vehicles. To obtain a Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP), take the items listed below to the Office of Motor Vehicles.
Minor Students (14 years to 17 years old) - 38 Hour (Teen) Driver’s Education Course
- Original or State Certified Birth Certificate (no photocopies)
- Social Security Card
- School Enrollment Form (all students must be at least in the 8th grade)
- Original or Court Certified Custody Papers (if there are any)
- Parent/Guardian in physical form with their Driver’s License or State ID Card
Cost of Temporary Instruction Permit is $32.25 with a possible service fee up to $6.00.
This class is required by ages 14 (& 9 months) through 17 for a learners permit in Louisiana. Our 38 Hour Driving Course is a two-phase program consisting of: (1) 30 hours of classroom instruction and (2) Behind-the-wheel instruction for 8 hours. These lessons are divided into four (4) two-hour lessons.
The course will build a solid foundation of knowledge and practice for students by teaching laws of the road with emphasis on the effects of alcohol, drugs, driving distractions, and much more.
Coach's Driving Academy provides FREE pick up and delivery of all our students for the driving portion of behind the wheel training. We can pick up students from school or home. We schedule behind the wheel training 7 days a week and have morning, afternoon, and evening lessons available.
2018 Dates - Register below:
- September 29, 30, October 6, 7
- October 27, 28, November 3, 4
- November 17, 18, 19, 20 (THANKSGIVING CLASS)
- December 8, 9, 15, 16 (CHRISTMAS CLASS)
- December 27, 28, 29, 30 (NEW YEAR'S CLASS)
*Note: Parent or Legal Guardian must arrive at 8:30 am on the first day of class in order to complete all required legal paperwork. Classroom times are from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm each day
To register your teen for the 38 Hour Teen Driving Course, please fill out the form below: